Qualification : CFP , MBA , LL.B. , B.Com ( Hon’s) along with Insurance from IRDA
and Mutual fund advisor – Certified
Professional Work Experience : More than 18 years of experience including 14 Years
in corporate sector, primarily with Idea Cellular Ltd., Bharti Cellular Ltd. – Airtel ,
Shoppers Stop and Ebony retails heading various functions like Training , Finance and
Collections , Marketing and Operations , New product launches, CRM ( Customer
Service and Relations Interface) up gradation.
Current Profile :
1. Practising Advocate in Delhi High Court and Delhi District Courts specialist for
Insurance Compensation Claims
2. Visiting faculty for Personal finance modules (CFP and CWM) and Legal at
prominent educational institutes.
3. Partner in Financial Planning Firm.
Teaching Modules :
1. Introduction to Financial Planning,
2. Time Value of Money and Financial Mathematics
3. Investment Planning ,
4. Risk and Insurance planning,
5. Retirement Planning and Employee Benefits
6. Advanced Financial Planning.
Key Skill Area’s :
• Customer Service, Finance – Collections & Retentions, Branch Operation & Training
• Guest Speaker /motivator for Amity Business school, Noida
• Franchisee/Channel/DSA Operations, Retail Sales, Postpaid Sales,
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER – FPSB India
IRDA certified for Insurance Products ( Life and General)
AMFI certified for Mutual Fund distributor
M.B.A/ P.G. D.B.M. (Marketing) from I.G.N.O.U.
(L.L.B.) Bachelor of Law from Ch. Charan Singh University, Meerut.
B.Com (Hon’s) from Delhi University
Diploma in Management from I.G.N.O.U.
Visiting Faculty for various modules of financial planning program’s as CFP , CWM, PGDFP , MBA- Financial Planning
Lawyer/ Advocate – Managing Partner of legal firm specifically for Insurance claims , Financial Instruments U/s 138 of NI act and all Civil matters.
Advisory on the life Insurance and Mutual funds products to clients since more than four years and references thereof.
Previous Corporate Work Experience
Idea Cellular Ltd. | Delhi NCR & Haryana Circle
Idea Cellular Ltd. Is part of Aditya Birla Group having PAN India Business operations in the GSM telephony industry
Senior Manager- Post Paid (Service Delivery) since October 2006 till Mar’ 2012
Key Words: Business Transformation, Training and Quality, Retail Service Centre, Franchisee Outlets, Postpaid Sales, Customer Relations, Collections, Bad Debts, Retentions, Corporate Servicing
Vertical Head: Enterprise and National Accounts – Delhi and Haryana Nov’10 till May,12
Annual Bills: 800 Mn. With EOP base of approx. 1500 Accounts consist of 1.50 lacs numbers
• Key account( Enterprises and National) servicing – COCP/IOIP
• Collection and Retention thru Team of Relationship Manager and Agencies
• Revenue growth thru VAS up selling and up gradation.
• Relationship building with key decision makers of the account
• Training to agency team members on all collection/retention processes
Vertical Head: Postpaid & Service Centre – Haryana Circle- August 2009 till Oct 2010
(Circle achieved 100% collections each month with Bad Debts within budgets)
Annual Bills: 500 Mn. With EOP base of 85K
Heading end to end services of postpaid product & Service Centre of Haryana circle
Training and process improvement
• Training modules of team-members of the sub-verticals
• Training modules and quality parameters of external team-members e.g. My Idea, collection agencies etc.
Collections & CPV
• Process layout for collection and retention
• Bill Generation & Bill delivery as per the process/SOP
• Pre bill run audits for all the bill cycles
• Allocation of Collection Portfolio to Agencies, My Idea, Team members
• Collection of all buckets( 0-60 days) thru My Idea, EBU, soft & hard agencies
• Cost of Collection to be under control as per the budgets
• Bad Debts & recovery processes for postpaid customers
• Waiver & Adjustments , Dunning Protocol , Manual Receipt book management
• Settlement cases to be cleared as per the process & audit mechanism.
• Monthly reviews of Collection performance- Bucket wise, Bad debts, FBD, SBD, TBD
• Address verification & credit verification process of new acquisition
Customer Relations & EBU base management
• Initial care activities of the postpaid customers e.g. welcome calls, welcome letters, first bills explanation, health checks etc.
• Retention processes like Voluntary, Involuntary, Zero usage, Safe custody etc.
• Complete outbound calling processes thru external agencies
• EBU customer handling thru external agencies & internal team.
• Operations of Company owned Company operated outlets- CCC
• Renovation of the franchisee & Company outlets as per company design and specifications
• Franchisee operations along with their Payouts structure
• Process elaboration & implementation of company policies & SOP
• Training Modules & Quality parameters of company SOP to Front Desk Officers
• Ensure retail customer experience at all the franchisee outlets & CCC
• Collection 0-60 days Bucket, Retention of all buckets, Activations & Service provisioning at franchisees.
• Service delivery from the showrooms for prepaid & postpaid walk-ins
• Up selling of VAS products from the franchisees locations
• Process for Mystery shopping at franchisee/CCC locations for complete service process compliance
Activation, Service Provisioning & VTM
• Process elaboration & execution of postpaid activation
• Outsourcing & Automation of regular nature activities
• Complete documentation of the postpaid activations
• Complete documentation audits including Govt. agencies- VTM etc.
• Audits of the ASP processes with the help of internal/external auditors
Head Customer Relations – Delhi NCR Circle – October 2008 till August 2009
(Highest ever collection from the Key corporate accounts with 17% revenue growth over last year)
• Business from existing corporate accounts, Incremental revenue growth YoY.
• Collection for all categories e.g. COCP, IOIP & Retail customers.
• The key responsibility is churn management of Corporate postpaid customers
• Initial Care (0-90 days) of the newly acquired subscribers thru welcome call, welcome letter, First & Second bill explanation.
• Tracking and Understanding customer requirement thru Repeat Complaint, Zero Usage Monitoring, Competition IVR calling,
• Handling the outbound process of SIM Replacement, ARP plans renewals, OCB, Suspension WIN BACK etc.
• Loyalty programs for the elite customer base to motivate customers for higher usage and longevity.
• Customer relations with key accounts for any service issues.
Head Franchisee Operations – Delhi & NCR Circle – October 2006 till September 2008
(I have launched 70 My Idea- franchisee stores across Delhi & NCR region which is complete transformation from subsidized business model to performance based business model)
• Responsible for store walk-in sales & service operations for 18 INU (Idea & U stores)
• Walk-in sales productivity model for Company Showrooms-& Franchisee’s- INU
• Company owned Company operated CCC outlets- 3
• Team of 20 Idea Franchisee officers & two area managers.
• With business transformations from INU to My Idea which was a major retail business transformation project for the Delhi circle & organization. The first store was launched in March 2008 & within two quarters- 70 My idea’s were launched across Delhi & NCR region.
• Retail Postpaid base allocation to these ‘My Idea’ and payout structure for 0-60 allocation
Ebony Retail Holdings Ltd. | Delhi & NCR (4 stores)
March 2005 till October 2006
Ebony retail is part of $450 million DS Group of company. The group is primarily into construction business spread all over the world. Ebony is chain of 8 lifestyle departmental store with a presence in Northern India (Delhi & Punjab).
Key Words: Regional Manager, Top Line, Bottom Line, Visual merchandising, Standard Operating Procedures, Shrinkage, Mystery Shopping, Store Walking,
Promoted as Area Manager – Operations responsible of entire Delhi NCR includes 04 stores
• Responsible for the regional productivity & profitability of four retail stores (South extension, Noida, Faridabad, & Janak puri)
• Mystery shoppers audit for the store operations on all retails parameters
• Vendor management for merchandising range along with the category/product managers.
Business Manager (Unit Operations Head)
• Achieving the top line & bottom line budgets of the store.
• Launching of various life styles product categories within the store to increase the top line & bottom line of the store.
• Launching of the process- SOP and process to streamline the day to day functions of the store
• Manpower training of product knowledge, cashiering, alterations, Non-Negotiable skills etc.
• To take care of all the administrative issues regarding the local authorities.
• To operate as a bridge between the Unit and the Head office for functional requirements.
• Merchandise display as per the Visual Merchandizing norms of the company.
Shopper’s Stop Ltd. | Gurgaon Store
September 2003 till Jan.2005
Shopper’s Stop Ltd. is the chain of Lifestyle department store. This is a Mumbai based C.L. Raheja group company. The organization is largest in India in department store category with 50+ operational stores spread all over India.
Key Words: Top Line, Bottom Line, Visual merchandising, Standard Operating Procedures, Shrinkage, Mystery Shopping, Store Walking,
Department Manager / Retail Sales Manager
• Merchandise presentation norms to be followed in the store.
• Achieving the top line sales department wise / section wise thru merchandise presentation.
• Launching the various life style product categories with-in the store to fill up the seasonal gaps and increase both top line and bottom line of the store.
• In-store communication, signages, ticketing, focal points, displays, show windows as per the norms.
• Scheduling the manpower and the training calendar of over 90 CCA’s on fortnightly/monthly basis.
• Regularly imparting the training for the new joiner ensuring zero defects on the services like cashiering, alterations, etc .
• Training of product knowledge of all the CCA’s for top 20 departments to be updated regularly.
• Top 10 departments to contribute 20% of the store sales.
• “Standard Operating Procedure” – initializing the processes and executing the processes.
• Gold glow assist program for the top Gold Glow customers.
• Shrinkage of the merchandise thru Perpetual Inventory Control System to be below 0.5%.
• Staff welfare, ESI, training and development on the regular basis.
• Mystery shopping scores, CSI to be maintained & 2% growth over last month every month.
• First Citizen program for the Corporate employees ensuring the minimum entry in the store.
Bharti Cellular Ltd. | New Delhi
(June 1997 to August 2003)
Key Words: Distribution Channel, Franchisee Operations, Prepaid sales, postpaid sales, Beat Plan, Retailers meet
Bharti Cellular Ltd. is the first company to launch the GSM Mobile services in the Capital & NCR. The company is providing the prepaid and post paid GSM mobile service with the brand name of “Airtel”. Bharti Airtel is No. 1 Mobile service provider in India and pioneered various value added services .
Franchisee Sales Manager – Prepaid Sales
(Core team member to launch the first prepaid card with the branding of ‘Insta Cash Card’ in Delhi & NCR Circle and later product re-launched as “MAGIC CARD”)
• Appointing the distributors area wise and retailers/premium dealers in each cluster.
• Market identification and mapping ( > than 30 shops cluster, gap analysis) to ensure depth & width. Sales target for gross acquisition (primary, secondary, tertiary thru dealer channel network.
Franchisee Sales Manager – Postpaid Sales
( I have handled Postpaid sales business thru Franchisee/channel distribution in Delhi NCR Circle)
• Ensuring right sales mix i.e. walk-in the franchisee showroom, direct team, dealer sales.
• Preparing the road show calendar of each territory covering all the markets at various dealer / FSO outlets ensuring the market presence and increase in the walking customers.
• Opening of new Exclusive Retail Shops cum Service Centers popularly known as “Full Service Outlets” Now ARC and exclusive sales points “Airtel Points”.
• Regular follow ups of the venders to meet the deadlines to open new FSO and Airtel points.
• Appointing, training and placement of the sales staff of the distributor and dealer.
• Monthly review with data analysis the distributors and franchisees to work out the monthly/quarterly sales plan.
• Utilizing the co-op budget to drive sales & brand visibility in the market.
• To ensure Top of Mind brand image of the co. through effective merchandising at the dealer outlets.
• Relationship building with the channel partners/dealers organizing regular dealer meets.
• Presentation to the new accounts for the new connections and value added services.
• Maintaining the relation with the existing accounts for further business.
Professional Workshops attended
• “Graduate with Honours” from Friedman – International Retail Consultancy
• Workshop From “Man-ford”
• “Quality Education System” From Institute of Quality Ltd.
• Attended workshop on “Leadership Through Excellence in Channel Management”
from Corporate Productivity Consulting.
Key Rewards and Recognitions
Member of the Achiever’s Club Thrice (Bharti Cellular Ltd.)
“Customer Focus” certificate from C.E.O. (Bharti Cellular Ltd.)
Gold Medal for highest Gross acquisition from Mr. Sunil Bharti Mittal (C.M.D.) Bharti Enterprises.
Six SIGMA Black belt – Team Churn Reduction.