[toggle title=”1. What are the programs offered by ICoFP?”]
Answer: ICoFP offers full time programs as well as distance learning programs. The two flagship programs offered by ICoFP are:
- MBA in Financial Analysis (MBA-FA)
- MBA in Financial Planning (MBA-FP)
For details on the programs, refer to: http://www.icofp.org/programs.php[/toggle]
[toggle title=”2. What is the difference between MBA in Financial Planning and MBA in Financial Analysis?”]
Answer: MBA-FA incorporates the curriculum of all the three levels of CFA program offered by the CFA Institute (USA). The MBA-FA program will equip scholars with advanced knowledge of Equity Research and Debt Valuation, Derivative Strategies and Risk Management, Financial Statement Analysis, Alternate Investment Strategies and Corporate Finance.
MBA-FP is an industry integrated program which incorporates the curriculum of globally recognized CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER CM (CFPCM) certification along with industry required professional certifications which significantly enhances career prospects in India as well as abroad. Students after completing the MBA-FP program are sought by banks, distribution houses, AMC, insurance Companies, equity broking and Financial Planning firms.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”3. What is the difference between generic MBA offered by other colleges and MBA in FA/FP offered by ICoFP?”]
Answer: ICoFP offers super specialized programs in Finance. ICoFP’s highly specialized MBA-FA/FP programs prepare a student to handle a job in the finance industry and are designed to cover everything the student needs to know to do that job. Moreover, PGDBM offered by various institutions is not AICTCE or UGC accredited whereas MBA-FP is a UGC Recognized degree awarded by University of Mysore. A student cannot opt for further studies like PhD or any research work if the institution or diploma is not recognized. Furthermore, such unrecognized programs offered by autonomous institutes won’t hold much value if one is seeking jobs in the public sector.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”4. Do you offer a degree or a diploma program?”]
Answer: You get a degree for the two years full time MBA programs from University of Mysore. For one year Post Graduate Diploma (PGDFP/PGDFA), you get a diploma from University of Mysore which is recognized by UGC.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”5. What are the University Affiliations and other affiliation of ICoFP for its various programs?”]
Answer: For Full time programs offered by ICoFP, the MBA degree and the PG diplomas are awarded by the University of Mysore which is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC).
Post Graduate Diploma in Financial PlanningTM (PGDFPTM) offered at Kolkatta Campus is Affiliated to CRCT, Jadavpur University and under the administrative control of Govt of West Bengal JADAVPUR UNIVERSITY Central for Rural & Cryogenic Technology (CRCT).
ICoFP is also an authorized education provider of Financial Planning Standards Board, India (FPSB) for the CFPCM Certification Education Program.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”6. In which all cities do you have your campus? “]
Answer: We have campus in New Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata.
- MBA in Financial Analysis is offered in Delhi only.
- MBA in Financial Planning is offered in Delhi and Mumbai.
- PGDFP is offered in Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata.
[toggle title=”7. What is the eligibility admission for admission to ICoFP post graduate programs?”]
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree.
- The Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent qualification) with minimum of 45% obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of 3 years of education after completing Higher Secondary School (10 + 2 or equivalent).
- Candidate applying for their final year exams can also apply subject to furnishing a proof of graduation by 15th September.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”8. What is the application and selection process to ICoFP post graduate programs?”]
– Application: ICoFP Prospectus and Application Form can be acquired by one-time payment of Rs. 1000/- for one program. To apply click here, http://www.icofp.org/payment.php.
– Entrance Test and Selection Process: The candidate has to undergo a rigorous selection procedure comprising of Written Test and two rounds of Personal Interview.
- Candidate has to appear for ‘AMCAT’ entrance test. “AMCAT” is a computer adaptive test which measures the prospective candidates on critical areas like communication skills, logical reasoning, and quantitative skills. All candidates who have appeared for CAT/ MAT can also apply to ICoFP with their score.
- Short listed candidates will have to appear for two Personal Interviews with a panel. The overall objective is to identify and assess the candidate’s communication ability, in addition to the overall knowledge of the student.
Final selection will be based on a careful evaluation of the applicant’s academic record from class X, through graduation and/or post graduate qualification, work experience (if any), extra-curricular activities, performance in entrance test and personal Interview. Successful candidates will be informed of their final selection by courier/ phone call. The selected candidates must pay their first fee installment within two weeks of receiving the admission offer, failing which the offer will be withdrawn.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”9. Can I pay the fees in installments?”]
Answer: Yes, you have the option to pay the fees in installments.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”10. Do you provide Laptops?”]
Answer: Yes, we provide Laptops to all students of full-time programs.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”11. Is hostel accommodation available for the students?”]
Answer: We have a tie up with many hostels & PGs which are near to ICoFP college campus. The accommodation is available for students as per requirement.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”12. Is there any financial assistance for Programs?”]
Answer: Yes, ICoFP has tied-up with Central Bank of India from where you can avail education loans. With the help of ICoFP career advisors, the process of obtaining the loan is quick and easy.
Refer to the following link for details: http://www.icofp.org/education-loan.php[/toggle]
[toggle title=”13. Can I get a sponsorship from the company where I am working?”]
Answer: Yes. Applicants are encouraged to get themselves sponsored by their employers.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”14. Do you have any quotas for NRI’S/SC/ST/BC?”]
Answer: No. We do not. However, ICoFP encourages applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”15. Does ICoFP have any scholarship opportunity for MBA Program aspirants?”]
Answer: Yes, ICoFP offers scholarships to deserving candidates. We also have scholarship scheme for girl child. Refer to the following link for details: http://www.icofp.org/scholarship-support.php[/toggle]
[toggle title=”16. What if, I have not received final degree or certificate of Graduation?”]
Answer: Candidates who are in their final year of graduation or awaiting their certificates need to submit a letter from their college/university stating the fact that their final degree is awaited.[/toggle]