[toggle title=”1. What is the objective of MBA-FP program offered by ICOFP?“]
Ans: MBA-FP is a program designed by industry stalwarts in such a way that besides preparing students for Financial Services industry, it also prepares the students for internationally recognized certifications such as Associate Financial Planner (AFP) & Certified Financial PlannerCM(CFPCM) which are authorized by FPSB, India and various other industry recognized certifications like NISM-Mutual Funds Module, NISM-Equity Derivatives Module, NISM securities markets.
If you want to make a career in finance industry, a lot of schools have MBA programs but a specialized MBA-FP is something that can set you apart in the industry.
[toggle title=”2.What is the duration of MBA-FP Program?“]
Ans: MBA-FP Program is a 2 year program. Since, it is an industry integrated program, candidates are placed in the industry after completion of 1 year of the program. The 1st year is full-time through face-to face classroom training and 2nd year is through online mode. [/toggle]
[toggle title=”3.IS MBA-FP a degree or a diploma program?“]
Ans: You get a degree for the two years full time MBA programs from University of Mysore which is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC).[/toggle]
[toggle title=”4.What is the application and selection process to ICoFP post graduate programs? “]
1. Application: ICoFP Prospectus and Application Form can be acquired by one-time payment of Rs. 1000/- for one program. To apply click here, http://www.icofp.org/payment.php.
2. Entrance Test and Selection Process: The candidate has to undergo a rigorous selection procedure comprising of Written Test and two rounds of Personal Interview.
• Candidate has to appear for ‘AMCAT’ entrance test. “AMCAT” is a computer adaptive test which measures the prospective candidates on critical areas like communication skills, logical reasoning, and quantitative skills. All candidates who have appeared for CAT/ MAT can also apply to ICoFP with their score.
• Short listed candidates will have to appear for two Personal Interviews with a panel. The overall objective is to identify and assess the candidate’s communication ability, in addition to the overall knowledge of the student.
• Final selection will be based on a careful evaluation of the applicant’s academic record from class X, through graduation and/or post graduate qualification, work experience (if any), extra-curricular activities, performance in entrance test and personal Interview. Successful candidates will be informed of their final selection by courier/ phone call. The selected candidates must pay their first fee installment within two weeks of receiving the admission offer, failing which the offer will be withdrawn.
[toggle title=”5.What is the eligibility admission for admission to ICoFP post graduate programs?“]
Ans: • The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree.
• The Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent qualification) with minimum of 45% obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of 3 years of education after completing Higher Secondary School (10 + 2 or equivalent).
• Candidate applying for their final year exams can also apply subject to furnishing a proof of graduation by 15th September.
[toggle title=”6.What is the difference between generic MBA offered by other colleges and MBA in FP offered by CFP?“]
Ans: ICoFP offers super specialized programs in Finance. ICoFP’s highly specialized MBA-FP programs prepare a student to handle a job in the finance industry and are designed to cover everything the student needs to know to do that job. The skills obtained in traditional business school are better suited for employees in more general disciplines, such as marketing or general management whereas ICoFP’s MBA-FP prepares a student to handle a job in the finance industry and is designed to cover everything the student needs to know to do that job. Moreover, PGDBM offered by various institutions is not AICTCE or UGC accredited whereas MBA-FP is a UGC Recognized degree awarded by University of Mysore.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”7.Can I pay the fees in installments?“]
Ans: Yes, you have the option to pay the fees in installments.
[toggle title=”8.Do you provide Laptops?“]
Ans: Yes, we provide Laptops to all students of full-time programs.
[toggle title=”9.Is hostel accommodation available for the students? “]
Ans: We have a tie up with many hostels & PGs which are near to ICoFP college campus. The accommodation is available for students as per requirement.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”10.Is there any financial assistance for Programs?“]
Ans: Yes, ICoFP has tied-up with Central Bank of India from where you can avail education loans. With the help of ICoFP career advisors, the process of obtaining the loan is quick and easy.Refer to the following link for details:
[toggle title=”11.Can I get a sponsorship from the company where I am working?“]
Ans: Yes. Applicants are encouraged to get themselves sponsored by their employers.
[toggle title=”12.Do you have any quotas for NRI’S/SC/ST/BC?“]
Ans: No. We do not. However, ICoFP encourages applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”13.Does ICoFP have any scholarship opportunity for MBA Program aspirants?“]
Ans: Yes, ICoFP offers scholarships to deserving candidates. We also have scholarship scheme for girl child. Refer to the following link for details:
[toggle title=”14.What if, I have not received final degree or certificate of Graduation?“]
Ans: Candidates who are in their final year of graduation or awaiting their certificates need to submit a letter from their college/university stating the fact that their final degree is awaited..[/toggle]
[toggle title=”15.Which are the top five recruiters of students who have done MBA-FP from ICOFP?“]
Ans: Students who have completed MBA-FP have taken up a wide range of assignments with banks, distribution houses, AMC, insurance Companies, equity broking and Financial Planning firms and many have successfully set up their own investment advisory business. The top 5 recruiters for MBA-FP programs are Ameriprise Financial, WNS, ONICRA, Client Associates and ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund. [/toggle]
[toggle title=”16.What is the teaching pedagogy at ICoFP?“]
The teaching methodology used targets converting the rigorous academic experience during the program into rich practical knowledge by the end of program. Using techniques such as case studies, live projects, assignments, workshops, expert mentoring, real industry exposure in specific career segment are employed.[/toggle]