Masters In Financial Planning
An intensive 2 year dual degree program in Financial Planning
Masters in Financial Planning program comprise a highly specialized curriculum pack. In order to enable the students to be recognized as financial planning experts in India as well as internationally, ICoFP integrates the curriculum of some of the most acclaimed professional certifications globally. Some of the distinguishing features about Financial Planning curriculum are listed below:
• Highly specialized curriculum centered around financial planning in first year.
• Full integration with internationally acclaimed CFP program curriculum.
• Full integration with must-for-industry professional certifications from NISM & MCX.
• Inclusion of multiple workshops, projects and assignments to enhance practical skills.
• Overall program significantly enhances career prospects in India as well as abroad.
• Inclusion of personality enhancement sessions.
11 days Practical Training at Bajaj Capital Limited during the Commencement Program
• Focus on the practical applications of a wide range of financial products.
• Trainers are senior product specialists from Bajaj Capital Limited.
• Focus on the way in which financial instruments function and the markets and platforms upon which they trade.
• Understand the essential nuances and characteristics of each type of securities.
Elbert Einstein said “Education is not the learning of facts but the training of minds to think”. True education is what remains after you forget everything else. Right training does not give you the solution to the problems but the ability to find the problem and create a solution. With strong belief in this philosophy, ICoFP has designed a unique pedagogical system that encompasses highly specialized and effective teaching aides.
- Introduction to Financial Planning:This module covers the six-steps of financial planning process, time value of money applications, personal financial statements, cash flow and debt management, overview of risk management, investment planning and retirement planning, code of ethics, and business aspects of financial planning.
- Risk Analysis & Insurance Planning:This module covers the knowledge requirements relating to insurance needs and risk assessment of clients. It introduces students to various concepts and regulatory environment of insurance in India.
- Investment Planning: This module covers the critical knowledge of different asset classes and interplay amongst them, the investment products constituting such classes and their investment risk profile to enable the management of a client’s finances towards achieving various financial goals.
- Mutual Funds and Investment Alternatives: This module will prepare students for the external NISM examinations.
Mutual Funds: This module provides the individuals with the requisite skills and enables them to compare and analyze mutual fund schemes and advice their client the best suited investment option as per their requirement.
Investment Alternatives: This module provides insights into different types of investment products available in markets, regulations and risks associated with the products, the exchange mechanisms of clearing and settlement, and the regulatory framework.
- Indian Securities Market: The module is structured to help understand the basic concepts relating to different avenues of investment, the primary and the secondary market and the fundamentals of capital markets. This module will prepare students for the external examination NISM: Securities Operations and Risk Management.
- Retirement Planning and Employee Benefit: This module covers the knowledge of basic strategies towards achievement of objectives of a client of his/her post-retirement financial and other needs and ways to systematically build the required corpus.
- Financial Reporting & Control: Recognizing that accounting is the primary channel for communicating information about the economics of a business, this module provides a broad view of how accounting contributes to an organization.
- Wealth Management Project: This module is Project based.
- Behavioral Finance: This is a project based module aimed at understanding the behavioral aspect of investment decision making.
- Equity Research:This module provides the overview of the art & science of stock selection. It will help you understand the sophisticated methods to be applied for the company analysis & stock selection.
- Tax Planning & Estate Planning: This module covers the knowledge requirements of Indian Tax System, specifically related to Direct Taxes and personal taxation. The Estate planning is emphasized not as a late stage requirement but a necessary succession arrangement always in place for all assets – fixed, physical and financial.
- Advanced Financial Planning(with financial plan construction): This module will enrich students with required knowledge and skills to assess the entire financial situation of a client, financial goals of the client to meet in the near and long term, the parameters related to the economy, the financial market to develop a comprehensive financial plan.
- Equity Derivatives and Currency Derivatives: This module will prepare students for the external NISM examinations.
- Equity Derivatives: This module provides insights into different types of derivatives products available in equity derivatives markets, regulations and risks associated with the products, the exchange mechanisms of clearing and settlement, and the regulatory framework.
- Currency Derivatives: This module will help students in understanding the fundamentals of currency market and enrich them with the knowledge and functioning of exchanged traded and over the counter currency derivatives market. Foundation would be laid with functional understanding of all the major currency pairs along with pricing of currency future contracts. Students would learn to develop their own options and future trading strategies after understanding the intricacies such as clearing settlement and risk management.
- Economic Environment of Business: This module introduces tools for studying the economic environment of business to help managers understand the implications for their companies. This module serves as an introduction to some of the major aspects of international business environment.
- Technical Analysis: This module will enrich the students with a good understanding and practical experience of major investing techniques, analytical tools and indicators which will enable them to select the most advantageous portfolios, trades, hedge, etc. for their clients, their employers or their own trading.
- Financial Modelling: Financial modelling is aimed at making informed business and financial decisions. The curriculum will introduce you to spreadsheet models, modeling techniques, and common applications for the purpose of investment analysis, company valuation, forecasting, etc.
- Brand I Project: This module is Project based.
- Leadership & Organization Behavior:This module focuses on how managers become effective leaders by addressing the human side of enterprise.
- Business Statistics: The module is aimed at introducing students to the key issues in statistical inference, thus allowing them to grasp the potential of statistics as an essential tool for assisting managers in the process of decision making.
- Microsoft Office: This is a project based module which helps the student understand all the tools of MS-Office.
- Industry Internship Report –I:Students have to prepare and submit a comprehensive written report of her/his internship experience or on the topic/profile on which they are currently working /doing their research.
- Project Work-I: This module is Project based.
- Financial Management:This program examines the role of finance in supporting the functional areas of a firm, and fosters an understanding of how financial decisions themselves can create value.
- Strategic Management: The objective of this course is to help students develop the skills for formulating strategy. It provides an understanding of:
• A firm’s operative environment and how to sustain competitive advantage.
• How to generate superior value for customers by designing the optimum configuration of the product mix and functional activities.
• How to balance the opportunities and risks associated with dynamic and uncertain changes in industry attractiveness and competitive position.
- Micro Finance: Micro-finance provides financial services to the poor and has often been touted as a model example of a social entrepreneurship innovation that addresses both social and economic problems. However there have been concerns over consumer protection and increasing commercialization of the field, and questions remain about its effectiveness in lifting its clients out of poverty.
- Industry Internship Report–II: Students have to prepare and submit a comprehensive written report of her/his internship experience or on the topic/profile on which they are currently working /doing their research.
- Project Work-II: This module is Project based.