Why professional certifications are important to survive in this competitive business environment?
“MBA program is a mile wide and a foot deep, while the CFP program is a foot wide and a mile deep.”
The above quote is the best quote which describes the differences between the MBA and CFP program. The current business environment is highly turbulent and competitive. In the era of super specialization and competitive business environment, it has become a prerequisite to obtain a professional certification for career advancement in any field. The skills obtained in business school are better suited for employees in more general disciplines, such as marketing or general management. Professional Certifications give you the competitive advantage you need to survive in a tough and increasingly uncertain business climate.
“CFP Certification is the most prestigious and internationally accepted Financial Planning qualification recognized and respected by the global financial community. The CFPCM Certification wins trust and presents opportunities worldwide. In this era of super specialization, the Professional Certification – CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERCM Certification, gears career aspirants for giving comprehensive financial advisory services to individuals and make a satisfying career in the financial services industry. Globally recognized, CFP Certification program will help finance professionals (or aiming to be finance professions) to gain both breadth and depth of knowledge for all the financial planning and investment advisory disciplines.” – Source: Financial Planning Standards Board of India which awards the CFP certification in India
Capital market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has made it compulsory for investment advisers to acquire certification by passing “Certified Financial Planner” from the Financial Planning Standards Board India to offer investment advice in capital markets.
“Benefits of CFP Certification are:
- Enhanced career and employment opportunities with Financial Services companies. Your Services are sought by banks, distribution houses, AMC, insurance Companies, equity broking and Financial Planning firms.
- Personal satisfaction of achieving the Financial Planning profession’s highest standard and met the global benchmark.
- Satisfied clients who appreciate the comprehensive approach to Financial Planning and extend long term relationship and referrals.
- Your expertise and credibility as a qualified professional is instantly communicated.
- More revenue streams by increasing your product and service offering to your clients.
- Enhanced Social Status by joining the league of professionals.
- Recognition in more than 24 countries across the world.
- Your credentials demonstrate trust among the financial consumers.
- You have met the global benchmark for competency, ethics & professional practice standards to provide comprehensive Financial Planning services.
- You join the global league of the best Financial Planning professionals.”
– Source: FPSB, India.
Finally, it’s worth considering how many thousands of people complete the MBA and/or CFP programs each year. It would seem as if sometime in the future (or now?) having a professional certification may become a prerequisite instead of a differentiator.