Post Graduate Diploma In Financial Analysis
PG Diploma In Financial Analysis
A comprehensive 1 year diploma program in Financial Analysis
In the financial services industry, one of the most coveted careers is that of a financial analyst. Across the globe, financial analysts are one of the high paid professionals.Financial Analysts monitor and interpret available data such as industry and economic trends, forecast the current trends and then determine a fair market value of an asset of a company. They make recommendations based on this analysis. They also manage portfolio worth millions of dollars. Mostly, Financial Analyst occupy senior positions in investment management companies, private equity, hedge funds etc. Financial analysts play a number of different roles like Equity analyst, Credit Analyst, Portfolio Managers, Investment Advisors, Investment bankers etc.
To get into such coveted roles, require advance knowledge of finance and investment management, sharpening of analytical skills and learning essential tools and techniques to dig deeper into the numbers.
PGDFA Program Overview
Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Analysis course provided by International College of Financial Planning is a culmination of industry experts in the field of investment banking, private equity, hedge funds, portfolio managers and seasoned academicians who are well aware of the prerequisites to give a jumpstart to your career in financial analysis.
The PGDFA course combines unique blend of course delivery by faculties and working on financial projects like financial models, M&A models which prepare students well in advance for all the future challenges.
PGDFA Program Objectives
- Understanding global financial instruments and markets.
- Learning the art and science of company valuation & analysis
- Wild card to glorified career in financial research
- To provide students with the theoretical framework and analytical tools and techniques to handle a variety of finance and business functions.
- This Finance Analyst Courses content similar to CFA L1 and L2 curriculum.
- Hands-on experience on working on live projects.
- Supported case-studies to enhance learning.
- Assisted job placements.
1. Equity Research: They are think tanks of capital markets. Their task is to analyze future prospects of businesses on the basis of financial & economic factors. They hunt for undervalued stocks where share prices are lower than true economic worth of the company. They generally have specialization in a particular sector of economy and track all news and policy changes related to it. They need to have sound understanding of various valuation models, financial statement analysis and above all the analytical skills. Successful research analysts can see through thick layers of businesses, quantify their thoughts and take a decision that is different and accurate at the same time. Research analysts publish their thoughts through research reports in media or to specific group of investors.
2. Credit Research: Phases of financial meltdown in history has proved the importance of credit analysis function in financial institutions and rating agencies. Credit analysts perform tasks similar to that of an equity research analyst except that the end decision is to invest in the debt of a company. They try to ascertain credibility and capacity of the borrower in paying back interest and principal to lenders where borrowers can be Countries as well as Companies. They are interested in knowing strength of business, its financials, management quality etc.
3. Portfolio Management: Portfolio managers guide institutional as well as private clients how they should allocate money into different asset classes. It’s a complicated area and requires sound understanding of portfolio theories, quantitative techniques and risk minimizing techniques. They should also possess good interpersonal skills as they directly consult human beings. There may be 2 variations in this kind of a role:
4. Derivatives Strategy: Derivatives are the greatest and most debated innovation in financial markets in recent decades. Derivatives hold a prominent position in areas of trading, business risk management and portfolio management. Complex financial derivatives exist in almost all areas ranging from stock, debt, interest rates, commodities and currency to even monsoon and cyclones. Derivate specialists design optimum trading or risk management strategies and it requires deep knowledge about their valuation and features.